
Sapporo's Hidden Gem: Hotel Ten to Ten - Unbelievable Luxury Awaits!
Sapporo's Hidden Gem: Hotel Ten to Ten - Honestly, It's Almost Too Good to Be True (But It's Not!) - A Review That's Real, Folks!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea – or, should I say, the unbelievable Sapporo tea – on Hotel Ten to Ten. I'm talking about that place, that hidden gem… well, is it really hidden anymore after my blabbing? Probably not. But seriously, this isn't your average cookie-cutter hotel review. I'm going to get real with you. This is the good, the almost too-good-to-be-true, and even the teeny-tiny nitpicks, because, hey, nobody's perfect, not even a hotel seemingly blessed by the gods of comfort.
(Quick Disclaimer: I'm a sucker for a good hotel. And this one… well, let's just say it almost broke me. In a good way.)
First things first: Accessibility - Let's Be Real
Okay, so, accessibility. This is HUGE for me, and Hotel Ten to Ten, bless their cotton socks, seems to have really thought this through. Wheelchair accessible? Absolutely. They've got elevators galore, wide hallways… the whole shebang. I didn't whip out the wheelchair (although, I'm seriously tempted to next time!), but I saw numerous features indicating they've got accessibility dialed in. Plus, elevators everywhere, which is a lifesaver after a day of exploring Sapporo. They didn't just check the box; they seemed to care. Which… is shockingly rare.
On-site accessible restaurants / lounges? I'm betting my bottom yen they have something. Didn't specifically test it, but again, their dedication to accessibility suggests it's more than just a token effort.
Internet - Gotta Stay Connected (and Sane!)
Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yasssssss Queen! Seriously, this is a non-negotiable for me. And it worked, and it was fast. No dropouts during my very important Netflix binges (don't judge!). Internet access (LAN) is also available, so if you're old-school, you're covered too. They got Wi-Fi in the public areas too, of course, so you can Instagram those perfectly-plated Hokkaido scallops. And, hey, if you need to actually work (blech!), they have internet services available. I just… couldn't bring myself to do it while surrounded by such luxury.
Cleanliness and Safety - Because Nobody Wants the Sapporo Sniffles
Okay, let's talk ~ the times we live in ~. Before I even unpacked, I was thrilled to learn the following:
- Anti-viral cleaning products? Check!
- Daily disinfection in common areas? Double-check!
- Rooms sanitized between stays? Absolutely!
- Professional-grade sanitizing services? You betcha!
- Hand sanitizer? Everywhere!
- Staff trained in safety protocol? They seemed genuinely concerned about my health, which, let’s be honest, is refreshing.
- Hygiene certification? They've got it.
- Individually-wrapped food options? Yep.
- Physical distancing? They're on it.
- Rooms sanitized between stays? Yep.
- Shared stationery removed? Yep.
- Sterilizing equipment? Okay, maybe I'm slightly exaggerating, but they definitely took things seriously.
I felt incredibly safe. Like, I was more worried about falling in love with the place than catching something.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - My Stomach's Perspective
Alright, people, prepare your taste buds. This is where Hotel Ten to Ten really shines.
- Restaurants: Plural. Yes, plural!
- A la carte in restaurant: Absolutely. Options, baby, Options!
- Asian cuisine in restaurant: Oh, HEAVENLY. Sapporo's known for its food, and Ten to Ten? They do it right.
- Bar: Duh. You're on vacation.
- Breakfast [buffet]: Prepare to be amazed. Okay, it sounds like I am gushing… but it's true.
- Breakfast service? Yep, you can even get Breakfast in room!
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: (Deep breath) Yes! Good coffee! Not that instant crap. Actual, delicious coffee!
- Coffee shop: Yes. Caffeine is mandatory.
- Desserts in restaurant: Oh, my sweet tooth almost died and went to heaven!
- Happy hour: Bless.
- International cuisine in restaurant: For those who like something different
- Poolside bar: Need I say more?
- Room service [24-hour]: This is my jam! Order a midnight snack while lounging in a robe? Yes, please.
- Snack bar: For those moments when you need a quick bite.
- Vegetarian restaurant: Options available
- Western breakfast: If you're into that sort of thing
- Western cuisine in restaurant: Again, options
And the FOOD… OH, THE FOOD!
Look, I'm a simple woman. Give me good food and a comfortable bed, and I'm happy. Ten to Ten delivered. The buffet breakfast was… well, it was a work of art. I may have, ahem, sampled everything at least once. The Asian cuisine was outstanding. The bar? Perfect for a pre-dinner cocktail or a nightcap. I have no complaints. Okay, one tiny one: I wish I’d eaten more. Seriously, I’m still dreaming of the sushi. And the ramen. And… okay, I need to stop talking about food.
Services and Conveniences - Because Life's Too Short to Do Laundry
Okay, I'm not going to list every service, but let me highlight the winners:
- Daily housekeeping: Obviously.
- Concierge: Helpful and friendly. Even helped me plan a last-minute trip to the Sapporo Snow Festival. (Speaking of which, this hotel would be amazing during the Snow Festival! Book in advance!)
- Dry cleaning & Ironing service & Laundry service: HELL YES. Especially when you're traveling, these are god-sends.
- Elevator: Thank you, hotel gods!
- Food delivery: Another win.
- Luggage storage: Always appreciated.
- Safety deposit boxes: For the important stuff.
- Taxi service: They'll call one for you.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax - Okay, This is the BEST Part
Where do I even begin? This is where Hotel Ten to Ten goes from amazing to other-worldly. Let's get the basics out of the way:
- Fitness center? Yup, if you're into that kind of torture.
- Gym/fitness? See above.
- Massage: YES, PLEASE!
- Pool with view: Oh, the infinity pool. I almost got lost in its beauty.
- Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom: Seriously, are we even in Sapporo anymore?
- Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: Yes, yes, and YES!
- Body scrub, Body wrap: Sign me up!
The Pool. Oh, Dear God, The Pool.
Okay, so, let's talk about the pool. It's outdoors, and it has the most incredible view. I’m talking, “I could stay here forever” kind of view. The kind of view that makes you forget all your worries. I spent an entire afternoon lounging by the pool, sipping cocktails, and just… existing. It was pure bliss. I swear, my blood pressure dropped ten points. It was worth the trip alone and I think I'd check in to the hotel just to have the pool all to myself. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
The Sauna – My Spiritual Rebirth
Okay, I love saunas, but this one… the aroma, the heat… it was a peak experience. I emerged feeling like a new human.
For the Kids - No Kids for Me, But They Seem to Care!
While I don't have any kids, the hotel does have babysitting service, family/child-friendly facilities, and kids meals. This proves that this hotel is thoughtful and accommodating.
Rooms - Cozy, Comfortable… and Did I Mention the View?
- Air conditioning: Crucial.
- Blackout curtains: For those precious extra hours of sleep.
- Coffee/tea maker: See, coffee, again.
- Complimentary tea: Great for a relax.
- Free bottled water: Always a plus!
- **Hair dryer

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's perfectly-planned itinerary. We're diving headfirst into the glorious, messy, and utterly unpredictable reality of a trip to Hotel Ten to Ten Sapporo. Get ready for some real talk, folks.
Hotel Ten to Ten Sapporo: My Sapporo Adventure – (AKA, Pray for Me)
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Ramen Quest (and Possibly Existential Dread)
- 1 PM: Touchdown at New Chitose Airport. Okay, first hurdle – finding the train. My Google Maps is screaming "YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!" Honestly, I’m already questioning all my life choices. But hey, the airport is beautiful. Like, super, sparkly, clean, and… overwhelming. I see a giant Doraemon. Very soothing. Trying to channel Doraemon's calm vibe. Nope. Fail.
- 2:30 PM: Arrive at Hotel Ten to Ten. First impressions: Clean. Minimalist. Tiny. My room is about the size of a walk-in closet, but hey, it's my walk-in closet for the next few days. Trying not to hyperventilate about the lack of space because apparently, space is a premium thing here in Japan.
- 3:30 PM: The Ramen Hunt. I've heard Sapporo ramen is legendary. Quest begins. I've got a list of highly recommended ramen shops. First attempt: Closed. UGH. Second attempt: Massive line. This is where I start questioning all my decisions. Is ramen worth the wait? (Spoiler alert: YES. Absolutely, irrevocably, YES.)
- 5:00 PM: Found the Ramen! I'm starving. I finally got in there, and the ramen… the broth… the noodles… the Chashu pork… I SWEAR I almost shed a tear. Pure bowl of heaven. Okay, Sapporo, I see you.
- 6:30 PM: Wandering around Susukino. The neon signs are mesmerizing. I'm a sucker for vibrant cityscapes, and Susukino delivers in spades. Feeling a bit lost, a bit overwhelmed, a bit… like I should have learned more than "Konnichiwa" and "Arigato" before coming.
- 8:00 PM: Attempt to find a karaoke place. Fail. Turns out, finding a karaoke place when you don't speak Japanese is more complicated than you'd think. I end up wandering aimlessly, humming to myself and feeling like a total idiot.
- 9:00 PM: Settle for a convenience store run: This place is a dream. Every snack imaginable, perfectly chilled drinks, and a level of organization that would make Marie Kondo jealous. I buy everything. I mean, everything. It’s a sensory overload in the best way. Back at the room, I'm surrounded by a mountain of Japanese snacks and, yeah… feeling a little better.
Day 2: Chocolate, Snow, and the (Almost) Demise of My Sense of Direction
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast at Hotel Ten to Ten. Free toast and instant coffee. It's… adequate. Definitely not ramen-level excitement, but it'll do.
- 10:00 AM: Sapporo Snow Festival preparations: I hear the preparations are taking place. My hopes were high. I wanted to witness the magic happening behind the scenes, but I ended up lost again. I am constantly disoriented here. I blame the snow. The snow is so beautiful, glittering and pristine, but it also makes everything LOOK THE SAME. I wandered, and I wandered, and I ended up in a random park, looking at some pigeons.
- 12:00 PM: The Shiroi Koibito Park. The Chocolate Factory! Sweet relief. Okay, this place deserves its own paragraph. This place is pure Willy Wonka meets Japanese efficiency (and kawaii overload). The cookies alone are worth the trip, but the entire park is a whimsical wonderland. I watched the bakers do their thing, ate far too many cookies, and generally felt like a kid in a candy store. The hot chocolate was insane. I bought three boxes of Shiroi Koibito cookies. Don’t judge me.
- 2:30 PM: Odori Park. Finally, the Snow Festival. I see it now; it is magnificent. Ice sculptures, snow sculptures – the creativity is mind-blowing. I'm snapping photos like a mad person. My fingers are freezing. My nose is running. I don't care. This is amazing.
- 4:00 PM: More exploration: I wandered off into some shops - the quality of products here is impeccable. Each store is like a work of art. I wanted to buy everything.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner: I eat at a tiny, local restaurant. The food is beyond words. The owner barely speaks English, and I barely speak Japanese, but somehow we manage. Smiling, hand gestures, and shared laughter. This is what travel is all about, right? Feeling like I'm finally starting to get it: It also turns out that the owner's ramen is better than yesterday's!
Day 3: Farewell Sapporo (and a Plea for a Washing Machine)
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel: The free toast and coffee are now a familiar friend.
- 10:00 AM: Shopping for souvenirs: I need presents for everyone. I think I’m a bit of a shopaholic. I've spent all my money on the chocolate and the ramen… and now I need gifts!
- 1:00 PM: Heading to the station: Trying to catch the train to the airport. I am not looking forward to the airport. The thought of the flight and the reality that the adventure is almost over is hitting me hard.
- 2:00 PM: Arriving at the airport. I hate airports, but the Doraemon in the Sapporo airport is making me feel better.
- 3:00 PM: Goodbye Japan!
Final Thoughts:
This trip wasn't perfect. I got lost. I ate way too much ramen. I failed miserably at karaoke. But it was real. It was messy, it was wonderful, and it was exactly what I needed. Sapporo, you were amazing. Hotel Ten to Ten, you were a cozy base camp. And Japan, you have completely stolen my heart. I'll be back… and next time, I'll learn some more Japanese. And maybe bring a portable washing machine. Just saying.
Escape to Paradise: Your Unforgettable Yangpyeong Morning Pension Getaway
Hotel Ten to Ten - Unbelievable Luxury? More Like... Unexpectedly Awesome? (and a Few Gripes!)
Okay, seriously, what *is* this place? Is it really as good as everyone's saying?
Alright, buckle up buttercup, because the hype is REAL. Hotel Ten to Ten? It's like... imagine stumbling into a perfectly curated snow globe. Except instead of tiny figures and plastic trees, you get *actual* luxury. Think minimalist chic meets Japanese zen, and then throws in a dash of "holy-moly-did-I-just-walk-into-a-fashion-magazine?" Seriously, the lobby alone could be an art installation. I almost tripped over my own feet the first time I walked in. But yeah, mostly good. Definitely worth the price.
What *kind* of luxury are we talking? Are we talking gold-plated toilet paper holders?
No gold-plated TP, unfortunately (though I wouldn't put it past them). It's more subtle. Think ridiculously comfortable beds you could quite literally disappear into. Think fluffy robes that feel like a cloud gently hugging you after a long day of… well, whatever you’re doing in Sapporo. High technology, and amenities galore. They *do* have heated toilet seats with more buttons than the space shuttle, which, let's be honest, is its own kind of luxury. And the skincare products? Don't even get me started. My skin felt like a baby's bottom for a week afterwards. Okay, maybe slightly exaggerating... but my skin glowed like the freaking Aurora Borealis on a summer night.
Okay, but what about the food? Is it all fancy tiny portions or is there actual sustenance?
This is a tough one. The breakfast… oh, the breakfast. It's... curated. Beautifully presented. And delicious. But also… small. Like, I needed a second breakfast (conveniently found at the nearby Lawson). It's the kind of breakfast where you feel guilty for even *thinking* about adding extra sausage. The dinner at the main restaurant? Phenomenal, truly. The tasting menu was an explosion of flavors, and the sake pairings were spot on. I might have teared up at the Wagyu. Seriously, so. good. But… Prepare your wallet. It’s a splurge, but a good one, especially if you can land a deal.
I'm a *very* specific kind of traveler. Is this hotel "Instagrammable"? (Judgement-free zone, I swear).
Honey, YES. It's basically a photographer's playground. Every corner is *designed* to look amazing on your feed. The minimalist aesthetic, the natural light, the perfectly placed orchids… You'll be swimming in likes. Just try not to look like you're *trying* too hard. The natural 'look' is key, ya know? I spent a good hour just photographing my tea cup. Don’t judge me! It was beautiful! And it got, like, five likes. Still worth it.
What's the deal with the staff? Are they super snooty?
No, thankfully! They are incredibly gracious, helpful, and almost *too* polite. It's that classic Japanese hospitality, dialed up to eleven. They anticipate your needs before you even know you *have* them. Like, I dropped a chopstick and before I even blinked, a new one appeared. It's slightly unnerving at first, because you feel like you’re living in some kind of hyper-attentive bubble. But eventually, you relax into it. And they speak English perfectly, which is always a bonus, given my, uh, slightly limited Japanese vocabulary... I probably said "arigato" 4000 times during my stay. I felt bad, but they were good, so good.
Any downsides? Gotta be *something* that isn't perfect.
Okay, here's where the real talk comes in. A few things. First, the location is technically "downtown," but it's a little bit… tucked away. Which is great for peace and quiet, but it's like a pleasant 15-20 minute walk to the main action, which can be a drag if you're impatient (like me when I wanted ramen at 2AM). Second, the pool is *tiny*. Like, a plunge pool. I imagined myself lounging in a vast Olympic-size pool, sipping a cocktail...Nope. Also, the elevator situation can be a tiny bit slow during peak hours. And I swear, it took me a solid 15 minutes to figure out how to work the air conditioning. (User error, probably?) But overall? Honestly, the tiny complaints are worth it.
Let's talk about that *one* unforgettable experience that made you go WOW.
Okay, brace yourself. It was the *onsen* (hot spring). Now, I'm no stranger to onsen, but this one? It was an experience, a total sensory overload wrapped up in a blanket of pure relaxation. First off, the design. Imagine a meticulously crafted Japanese garden, complete with moss-covered rocks, bamboo shoots, and a small, babbling waterfall. And then, nestled amongst all that zen, were these steaming, mineral-rich pools. You strip down (awkwardly, at first, because, naked in public, right?), and then...you SLIDE into the warm water. It was like a warm hug from the earth itself. The steam, the scent of the minerals, the silence... It felt like every tension molecule I had was dissolving into the water. I spent a good two hours in there, and when I emerged? I felt brand new. Like, a *completely* new person. I swear I could have walked on water. I ended up going back *three* times during my stay. It was, without exaggeration, life-changing. Okay, okay, dramatic. But still… it was amazing. And afterwards? You get to relax in a cozy lounge with free green tea and these perfect little mochi balls. I'd pay the price of admission just for that experience alone. Actually, I probably will, again.
Would you recommend it? Honestly?
Absolutely. Yes. Go. Book it. Now. If you're looking for a truly special experience in Sapporo, a place to relax, recharge, and maybe, just maybe, feel like a pampered movie star for a few days, then yes. It's a splurge, but it's worth it. Just be prepared to fall in love with the little details, the impeccable service, and the blissful escape. And maybe bring a friend, so you can both gushRest Nest Hotels


Post a Comment for "Sapporo's Hidden Gem: Hotel Ten to Ten - Unbelievable Luxury Awaits!"