
Cappadocia's Crown Jewel: Unforgettable Stay at Crowne Plaza Nevsehir!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the fairy chimneys and volcanic wonder that is Cappadocia, and I'm gonna spill the tea on the Crowne Plaza Nevsehir. Forget those perfectly polished reviews; this is the real deal, warts and all, a chaotic love letter to a hotel that… well, let’s just say it’s trying.
(SEO alert: Crowne Plaza Nevsehir review, Cappadocia hotel, accessible hotel, spa hotel Cappadocia, family-friendly hotel, luxury hotel Cappadocia, best hotel Cappadocia, Cappadocia Turkey, hot air balloon Cappadocia, hotels near Goreme Open Air Museum)
The Arrival & That First Impression: Accessibility, Elevators & the Great Desk Debacle
Okay, so you've braved the airport chaos and are finally there. The Crowne Plaza looks impressive from the outside, all modern angles against the backdrop of… well, nothing directly breathtaking, unless you count a fairly bland courtyard. They advertise airport transfer, which is essential. You don't want to be lugging your suitcase through those cobblestone streets yourself. (Side note: those cobblestones? Not wheelchair-friendly. We'll get back to accessibility in a minute).
First impressions? Pretty good. The lobby is grand, and, crucially, elevator access is available, which is a HUGE win. Facilities for disabled guests are listed, which is hopeful, but let's be honest, the proof is in the… well, the accessible bathroom key! Check-in/out [express] is advertised, but my experience was… less express and more “can you find my reservation?” This is where I get to the first, and possibly biggest, hurdle: the front desk.
The staff… they try. They are polite, they are smiling… but oh boy, are they sometimes a little lost. I encountered some significant communication struggles. Remember, you are in Turkey, and a little patience, and Google Translate, goes a long way. Even with the occasional language barrier, it got sorted eventually, and they did offer us a free bottle of water during the wait. The contactless check-in/out was listed, which worked, however, the initial lack of the actual key to the room delayed us quite a bit.
Rooms: The Good, the Baffling, and the Missing Slipper
Finally, the room! In my case, a standard room that was advertised as Air-conditioned in all rooms!, a must in the Cappadocia heat. Wi-Fi [free] worked flawlessly, thankfully. Internet access – wireless & Internet access – LAN are both available. As for the rest. First, the bed was heavenly. Extra long bed? Yes, please! Blackout curtains? Essential for sleeping off that epic hot air balloon ride. Desk? Check. Laptop workspace? Indeed. Mini bar? Stocked! Tea/coffee maker? Also, check. However, it seemed like the room was almost too good at some points - A bit too much of a generic look with no specific references to the environment.
The bathroom? Private bathroom, yes. Separate shower/bathtub? Affirmative. Bathrobes and Slippers? Wait, where are the slippers? Ah, the great slipper mystery! I had to call down for them, and got extra towels instead, so had the staff bring them back.
The real winner was the window that opens. Fresh Cappadocia air! Pure bliss.
Cleanliness and Safety: A Mixed Bag
Cleanliness and safety are paramount, especially these days. I gotta say, the hotel tries. Anti-viral cleaning products are advertised, and they seem to be using them. Daily disinfection in common areas is definitely happening. Rooms sanitized between stays? Hard to say exactly, but the room felt clean. Hand sanitizer was everywhere. Staff trained in safety protocol? I was convinced.
Here's the thing: room sanitization opt-out available sounds nice, but also added a bit of paranoia to all of it. So, it felt safe, but a little obsessive at times.
Dining: Buffet Bliss, Coffee Shop Confusion, and a Missing Vegetarian Option
Now, food! The breakfast [buffet] is the stuff of legends. Seriously. Buffet in restaurant? Absolutely. Bread, cheese, fresh fruit, pastries… everything. You can tell they're proud of it. Asian breakfast and Western breakfast, they have it all! The coffee/tea in restaurant was, at best, okay. I've had better. The Coffee shop on the other hand, was amazing.
The other restaurant options, A la carte in restaurant **Asian cuisine in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant, ** are all available, and I went to the Italian restaurant one night, but the service definitely lacked. Some options weren't on the menu, and they seemed to be missing a specific vegetarian option despite the promises.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: The Spa, the Pool, and that Fitness Center…
Cappadocia is all about adventure, and the Crowne Plaza understands. They offer luggage storage, which is essential since you can't take your entire suitcase in the hot air balloon with you (duh).
The Spa is where the hotel really shines. Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Massage, Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath -- the full shebang! I highly recommend booking at least one treatment. The spa is gorgeous!
The Swimming pool [outdoor], on the other hand, is great. The Pool with view? Well, it's a view of the hotel courtyard, so not quite postcard-worthy. Fitness center? Okay, it's there. I actually tried to use it once and it's a bit, well, spartan.
Accessibility: The Ongoing Saga
Here's where things get a bit complicated. Back to the Facilities for disabled guests. The hotel claims to be accessible, and has Elevator access to the main areas. However, the hotel is large, with multiple levels, it's not perfectly accessible. I noted some minor steps.
For the Kids: Family-Friendly, But…
The hotel is Family/child friendly, with some Kids facilities advertised. They have a Babysitting service, which is great for those wanting a grown-up evening.
The Verdict: Crowne Plaza Nevsehir – Worth It?
Absolutely! Despite its quirks, and I mean that in the fondest way possible. It's a solid base for exploring Cappadocia. The rooms, the spa, the breakfast… they're all fantastic. Yes, there are some areas where it could improve (the service can be a little slow, the accessibility could be better), but overall, it’s a comfortable, convenient, and, at times, truly luxurious experience.
Ready to Book Your Cappadocia Adventure?
Here’s my offer
Unforgettable Cappadocia Escape at Crowne Plaza Nevsehir!
Book your stay now and receive:
- Complimentary upgrade to a room with a view (subject to availability).
- Discounted access to the hotel spa.
- Free breakfast for the first two mornings.
- Complimentary airport transfer.
- Early check-in and late check-out (subject to availability), as time to rest after your adventures!
Don't miss out on this chance to experience the magic of Cappadocia in style and comfort. Book your stay at the Crowne Plaza Nevsehir today!
Further Considerations for Crowne Plaza Nevsehir
Services and Conveniences:
- Air conditioning in public area: Essential for those hot summer days!
- Concierge: Helpful for booking tours and activities.
- Currency exchange: Convenient for managing your finances.
- Dry cleaning, Ironing service, Laundry service: Useful for keeping your clothes fresh.
- Facilities for disabled guests: A good starting point, but improvements are needed.
- Gift/souvenir shop: Great for grabbing a last-minute present.
- Meeting/banquet facilities & Meeting stationery: Great for business travel.
- Outdoor venue for special events: Cappadocia’s outdoor setting is well known.
- Safety deposit boxes: A convenient way to store your valuables.
- Smoking area: For smokers.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking:
- Bar, Poolside bar, Snack bar: Convenient for grabbing a drink or snack.
- Breakfast service, Room service [24-hour]: Great for convenience
- Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant: Worth keeping in mind.
Available in All Rooms:
- Additional toilet: Great if you have a larger room.
- Air conditioning: A must!
- Alarm clock, Bathrobes: Great additions.
- Bathtub, Closet: A great feature.
- Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea: A great feature.
- Daily housekeeping: Keeps the room tidy

Alright, buckle up buttercups! This isn't your grandma's airbrushed travel brochure. This is my attempt at taming the chaos of a Cappadocia adventure while holed up at the Crowne Plaza Nevsehir. Let's see if I can survive… and if the Wi-Fi cooperates.
Crowne Plaza Cappadocia - Nevsehir: My Messy, Gloriously Imperfect Itinerary
(Note: This is a living document. It's going to change. Promises.)
Day 1: Arriving in Hype-City (Nevsehir)
- Morning (7:00 AM): Wake up in… wherever I woke up. Probably cramped on the plane, smelling faintly of airplane peanuts and desperation. The flight was a blur. I swear the guy next to me tried to steal my tiny bag of pretzels. The NERVE.
- Late Morning (10:00 AM): Land in Nevsehir. Airport? Tiny. Cute. Disarmingly efficient. Find the hotel shuttle. My luggage, a Frankensteinian assortment of "maybe I'll need this" and "definitely overpacked," miraculously survives the journey.
- Mid-Day (12:00 PM): Check into the Crowne Plaza. Okay, the lobby's impressive. Lots of marble. Feels… a little generic luxe, if I'm honest. But hey, there's a complimentary fruit basket and I'm starving, so I'm not complaining too much. Note to self: Try to remember the room number. I swear I'll forget it at the end of the day, it's probably very long!
- Afternoon (1:30 PM): Food! Lunch at the hotel restaurant. The food is a decent attempt to get the food culture across to non-Turkish speakers. I order the kebab, which is tasty but… a little bland? I'm expecting explosions of flavour. This is the start to my journey.
- Late Afternoon (3:00 PM): Explore the immediate area of the hotel. Honestly? Nothing much. A few shops, a rather sad-looking park. Decide to embrace the "hotel cocoon" for now. Consider a nap. The jet lag is hitting hard.
- Evening (6:00 PM): Attempt to navigate the hotel gym. Decide it's too much effort. Go back to the room and stare at the ceiling instead. It seems to be a good option for today.
- Night (8:00 PM): Dinner at the hotel again (convenient!). This time I order the something else, the waiter is really funny, he recommended it and made it sound amazing. It was good, not as incredible as the waiter's story of how the chef makes this dish. He was talking about the chef's life in great detail. I didn't understand it, but the story was amazing. Afterwards, get ready to sleep.
Day 2: Hot Air Ballooning! (Or My Near-Death Experience – Kidding!… Mostly.)
- Early Morning (4:00 AM!!!): Wake up to the ungodly screech of a clock alarm. It's for the hot air balloon ride. I didn't know getting up this early was a common practice. My brain is still foggy from sleep – and the jet lag is a monster. Drag myself to the pre-arranged meeting point. The excitement (and fear) is building.
- Pre-Flight (5:00 AM): The balloon company loads us into a bus and takes us to the launch site. Everyone is rubbing the sleep out of their eyes, even the pilot doesn't look fully awake. The sky is… grey. I'm starting to get a little worried.
- The Ascent (6:00 AM): We're in the air! The view is… breathtaking. Seriously. Those photos you see on Instagram? They don't do it justice. The fairy chimneys look like something out of a Dr. Seuss book. The sunrise is painting the sky in a thousand hues. It's… magnificent. Then, there's the slight sensation of maybe falling, if the wind isn't working correctly. We had the perfect situation, the wind was calm.
- Ballooning Highs and Lows (7:00 AM): Now, I was so captivated by the scenery until I remember I'm also afraid of heights. And this, my friends, is where that old fear comes back with a vengeance. I cling to the basket for dear life, convinced we're going to tumble into the jagged landscape below. I'm probably scaring the other tourists, but I can't help it.
- The Landing (7:30 AM): We survive! We actually land in a perfect field, the crew are amazing. We get to cheers with champagne. The hangover is coming, but I feel… alive. It was the single most best scary experience of my life, and I'd do it again. The scenery was worth it. I'm still buzzing from the adrenaline.
- Late Morning (9:00 AM): Breakfast at the hotel, obviously I'm late. The food tastes amazing after that crazy ride. The hotel staff probably think I’m a crazy person, but I don’t care.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM): Explore Göreme Open Air Museum. The cave churches are cool, but there's a lot of stairs. My knees are screaming. It's also crowded. I get jostled, I get hot, and I have a minor existential crisis inside a particularly dusty church. Then, a sudden craving for ice cream.
- Late Afternoon (4:00 PM): Wander around Göreme village. Okay, now the area is starting to win me over. The shops are selling all sorts of wacky souvenirs. I want to buy everything, then I remember my luggage.
- Evening (7:00 PM): Dinner in Cappadocia. This time I'm getting off the hotel's radar. I find a local restaurant. I point and pray, and end up with some sort of lamb stew. It's… amazing. I swear, Turkish food is pure magic.
- Night (9:00 PM): Back to the hotel. Shower. Pass out. I dream of fairy chimneys.
Day 3: Underground Cities and Turkish Baths (and Maybe Some Tears)
- Morning (9:00 AM): Sleep in! Finally, some rest. Feeling the balloon ride on my body, and I'm already planning my next adventure.
- Late Morning (11:00 AM): Visit Kaymakli Underground City. Whoa. This is genuinely mind-blowing. The sheer scale of the tunnels is crazy. I briefly consider moving in, and the thought of going back home. It’s dark, it’s claustrophobic, and it's incredible. I am fascinated.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM): Lunch in a local restaurant. I see a sign in English, it's a good sign. The food is simple but delicious. The waitress is very sweet; she's obviously used to dealing with lost looking tourists.
- Mid-Afternoon (3:00 PM): Turkish Bath experience. Okay, this is where things get… intense. So much steam. So much scrubbing. So much… nakedness. I feel like a well-cooked lobster by the time I'm done. My skin is soft, but my ego is slightly bruised.
- Late Afternoon (5:00 PM): A walk. To digest the experience. The feeling of relaxation is still here, and what a great feeling!
- Evening (7:00 PM): Dinner at a restaurant. This time it's a fancy one with cave dining. The food is a little too pretentious, but the atmosphere is spectacular. The wine, however, is flowing freely, and the music is perfect for a lazy, happy traveller.
- Night (9:00 PM): Pack my bags. I'm leaving tomorrow. I find myself with a lot of feelings. I'm ready to leave, but at the same time I don't want to. This experience in Turkey was amazing, I'm making it a promise to come back one day, for sure!
Day 4: Departure (Goodbye, Cappadocia!… For Now)
- Morning (8:00 AM): One last breakfast at the hotel. Munching on the last of the fruit.
- Late Morning (10:00 AM): Check out. This time, remembering my room number was easy. Say goodbye to the lovely staff. The check-out service was fast and super helpful.
- Mid-Day (11:00 AM): Shuttling back to the Nevsehir Airport. Back to the sad airport, to leave this beautiful country.
- Flight (1:00 PM): Take off. This time it will be the last leg of the trip.
(…And then real life resumes! I'm just hoping I don't forget any essential clothing items.)
Escape to Kopaonik: Stunning Apartment A218 Awaits!
Crowne Plaza Nevsehir: Frequently (and Sometimes Frantically) Asked Questions
Okay, Seriously, is the Crowne Plaza Nevsehir *really* as amazing as everyone says?
Alright, truth time. Amazing? Well, it depends on your definition of "amazing." It's not like, angels singing amazing. But it's pretty darn good. Especially after you've been crammed into a dodgy hostel in Istanbul and you arrive STARVING and sleep-deprived. The sheer... cleanliness... of the lobby was enough to make me shed a tear. Seriously. Compared to the usual Turkish chaos, it's like walking into a fluffy cloud. The rooms are comfy, the beds are… well, I’m a chronic insomniac, but I actually slept like a baby. So, yeah, pretty amazing. Just don't expect actual angels.
But… (and there's always a "but" isn't there?). The Wi-Fi. Oh, the Wi-Fi. It was… temperamental. Let's just say I spent a fair amount of time wrestling with it, muttering obscenities in several languages. Still, would I go back? Absolutely. Especially for the breakfast buffet...
Can I *really* see the balloons from the hotel? I saw pictures!
YES! Oh, sweet, glorious, YES! I mean, assuming the wind gods are feeling generous that day. And let me tell you, watching those balloons float over the valley while you're swaddled in your bathrobe, sipping lukewarm coffee from the balcony... It's worth the price of admission alone. I'm not even a morning person, but I was up before sunrise, practically glued to the window. Honestly, the pictures don't do it justice. You'll witness the balloons slowly appear as the dawn’s early light paints the sky. It’s a magical experience, even if your camera-fu isn't up to capturing it perfectly (mine certainly isn't).
What's the food like? I'm a picky eater, disaster!
Okay, food. This is where things get… complicated. The breakfast buffet is a battlefield of temptation. Mountains of pastries, gleaming fruit (mostly), cheeses I'd never seen before, and enough Turkish delights to send you into a sugar coma. It's glorious. Absolutely glorious. I almost got lost in a sea of boreks (the savory pastries).
However, the main restaurant… well, it's good. It's perfectly serviceable. It's just not... *memorable*. I had a kebab that was decent. My friend tried the something-or-other stew and said it was "fine." Fine is a dangerous word, isn't it? Translation: It didn't set my soul on fire. But hey, you're in Cappadocia! Go out and explore the amazing local restaurants! The Crowne Plaza is more of a comfy, convenient launchpad for culinary adventures. Just try to avoid the "specialty coffee." I'm still not sure what that was.
How's the location, really? I want to explore!
Okay, location, location, location! The Crowne Plaza is in Nevşehir, which is…a town. It’s not *right* in Göreme, the heart of the action, but it’s close enough. Like, a quick taxi ride or a slightly-longer-but-still-doable-by-dolmuş ride away. Dolmuş, if you don't know, are those shared minibuses that are a cultural experience in themselves! You'll learn to love (and maybe slightly fear) them. The hotel is also walkable! You can easily stroll into the town, check out the local shops (bargaining is a MUST!), and soak up the vibe. It's not like a remote jungle resort, meaning you can easily do day trips exploring the area. Plus, getting to and from the hotel from the airport is a breeze (we’re talking quick, easy, and stress-free), which is huge after a long flight. Yes, it might not be perfect, but the convenience factor is HIGH. And let's be honest, after a day of hiking in the Valley, you'll be grateful for a quick trip back to your comfy bed.
Are the staff friendly? I am always nervous about communication when traveling!
The staff? Mostly lovely! A mixed bag, I'd say. Some were genuinely warm and helpful, always smiling, offering directions, and making you feel like you were the most important person in the world. Others… well, let’s just say the language barrier sometimes created some amusing (and occasionally frustrating) situations. Once I tried to order a bottle of water and ended up with a plate of olives. Don't ask. I think they knew I was a tourist. But mostly, the staff were trying, and that counts for a lot. And there was one guy at the front desk who spoke perfect English, and I wanted to hug him. I didn't, of course. Professionalism and all that. But they were all there to make your stay as smooth as possible.
What about the spa and pool? Stress-free travel?
Oh dear. The spa… Now, the pictures look incredible. Like, "I'm-going-to-float-away-on-a-cloud-of-aromatherapy" incredible. The reality? It's… fine. It's functional. I had a massage, which was pleasant enough, but not the transformative experience I was hoping for. The pool, however? Now that's a win. Especially after a long, dusty day of exploring the valleys. They had a decent outdoor pool and an indoor one; both were a welcome respite from the heat, or the (sometimes) chilly evenings. Just don’t expect a luxury spa experience. Think more "clean, comfortable, and a good place to relax." My advice: focus on the pool and save your expectations for the balloon ride.
Any hidden fees or nasty surprises?
Let's be honest, nobody likes unexpected charges. Generally speaking, the pricing is pretty straightforward. I did get a small bill for a mini-bar item I never touched (oops!). But it was easily resolved, and I figured the staff were just checking, so it wasn’t a big deal. They’re not trying to nickel and dime you. The hotel offered airport transfers which were a godsend because negotiating with taxi drivers at 5 AM is the absolute last thing you want to do! Keep an eye on any "extras" like laundry or room service, but overall, the Crowne Plaza Nevsehir is pretty transparent in that respect. Just double-check your bill before you leave (I learned that lesson the hard way… after a *very* awkward conversation involvingTop Hotel Search


Post a Comment for "Cappadocia's Crown Jewel: Unforgettable Stay at Crowne Plaza Nevsehir!"